Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Chopping a Honda GL1000 Goldwing #21


Pearl Harbor day,  70 years ago.

Haven't posted the last few days, mainly because I haven't been in the garage.

My Neuropathy is acting up again, and my hands don't work the way they should.

I also have a friend coming over today, he broke a key off in a ignition lock and I need
to get it out for him then make a new one from code if the lock has a code on it,
otherwise I will try to make one from the broken piece.

Years ago I did locksmithing and I kept all my machines, I also added
motorcycle key blanks to my inventory and I keep up on the codes to make them.

Note always keep at least 2 keys minimum for each lock you own,
it will save you dollar$ in the long run.

Also doing a lot of thinking about the bike design.

I only received one reply to my questions for building the bike, but what a great reply.

Skip has some good ideas, I am trying to figure out if I can do them.
I have a limited amount of tools here in my shop, I am thinking about bending the bars for under the tank with my cheap pipe bender.

I think I will try to bend one and then duplicate it if I can.
I would then weld it on before cutting the frame.
I have a very crude bender so making the bends right may be a problem.

I still am looking for input as far as cutting the fender and fixing the tank area.

No comments:

Post a Comment