Monday, December 5, 2011

Chopping a Honda GL1000 Goldwing #5

I mentioned the good thing about the Goldwing being drive shaft driven, I forgot the bad, because one side has the drive shaft and one just has the shock, the sides are different. This means the two sides will not look exactly alike when bending the frame tubing.

Oh well you can only see one side at a time anyway.

In the last photo you will see because of the bolt that mounts the caliper I had to change the plate that bolts where the shock usually goes to a little different angle.

When I finish putting the gussets in I will try to make them look as similar as I can.

I forgot to add before that I notched out the top bars to make them fit the frame as close as possible.

The angle of the tubing is the same on both sides it is just the mounts at the shock bolts that are a little different.

No comments:

Post a Comment