Friday, December 30, 2011

Chopping a Honda GL1000 Goldwing #31

I worked about five hours today, and I am happy with the results so far but sometimes it seems like it's not moving as fast as I would like.

It is real quiet around here without Betty's extra hands to help hold parts and also telling me when to take my pills.  She told me on the phone today that it was 50 degrees in VA.
I refuse to go out of the house (garage) except to get the mail.

I spent the day grinding on the fender/tail light mount. I rounded the corners some of which I needed a Dremmel tool to get at, so far it looks OK but I am not completely happy with it.





I think I need to put something on each side where it bolts down. What I have come up with so far is a small piece of larger tube welded to the bracket to give it a heftier appearance.

I cut a piece of tube and welded a smaller piece inside to get it to fit, but that isn't the way to do it. I don't want to mess up the bracket that I have worked on for so long, so it has to be right before I weld it all together.

On another note - -

Anyone out there have a good cheap source for a respirator to use when grinding. I have tried the elastic type of surgical mask but they don't work. They ride up and hit my safety glasses and then I can't see what I am doing, or they steam up the glasses. I tried a full face mask instead of glasses and it's OK but the mask still doesn't work.

At night I am coughing up black for a few hours, after a day of grinding. I know this isn't good for me.

I need some experienced help to solve this problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment