Thursday, December 22, 2011

Chopping a Honda GL1000 Goldwing #27

With the holidays drawing near I find myself having less time to
work on the bike, this will change the day after Christmas because
Betty is going to Virginia to visit her daughters.

I am staying home this time and being by myself, there should be a
lot of time to work in the garage.

I double checked and everything so far is square, it was the picture
that made the rear look off set.





I decided to build a better fender brace and I remembered that I had
a Honda topper from one of the sissy bars I have. I welded up a 1/2 inch
square bar so that I could mount the topper on it. It is also much better
for support for the rear fender.





I also dug out a set of old saddle bags that I am thinking about
mounting on the rear of the bike. I am still working that out in my mind.

Everyone is busy near Christmas so I am having a bunch of family over
tomorrow (Friday 12/23/2011) so no garage tomorrow or until the day after
Christmas.

Everyone have a great Holiday and I will continue on Monday the day after
Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment