Monday, December 5, 2011

Chopping a Honda GL1000 Goldwing #20

Sunday 12/04/2011

I finished most of the filling on the neck area and ground it smooth.
Before the frame is ready for primer I will glass up all the small imperfections.

I have decided I don't like the look of the rear tank tube mount.
I haven't come up with a fix yet but I am thinking of adding a piece
of stock on an angle from the center to the out side frame to smooth it out.



more thought on that later.



I added a rear fender mount to the swing arm, then cut a slot in a block of wood
and tied it to the wheel with a pull tie so I could move the wheel around until
I got the rest of the fender to sit where I wanted it.




Now there is a choice that I am having a hard time with.




Does the fender get cut off at the pull tie (like I first thought) or some where
between where the tie is and the end?



After sitting and looking I also like the look of the longer fender.

What do you think? If the tie is in the 12 o'clock position and the end of the fender is 9 o'clock, where do you think it should be cut?

I am taking Monday off to rest up a bit, so let me know what you think.

I would also like input on the rear Tank tube mount.

                                                               
Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment