Saturday, December 10, 2011

Chopping a Honda GL1000 Goldwing #22

Not anything to put up as far as photos.

I have doing a lot of thinking about the way the frame and rear supports for the seat and fender will go, and how to make the tank and frame section look right.

The bike is big and boxy to begin with so I have decided to leave the top outer frame as it is, also there is a upper engine mount incorporated with a heat shield and the rear upper engine mounts come off of the the rear section of the same part of the frame.

I have started to add a couple of supports that will brace the frame connecting the back wheel. when the bike hits bumps there will be a lot of pressure on that section being a hard tail.

I am still working on the way to smooth out the rear of the tank area.

It is going to be a challenge to make a rear fender and seat mount that will support and still not add any more to the boxy frame than I have to.

This is the hardest build I have ever done, I can't believe how thin the frame is in spots.
I have had to fix spots where the welds have burned through the frame even on a lower setting on the welder.

No comments:

Post a Comment