Monday, December 5, 2011

Chopping a Honda GL1000 Goldwing #13

Saturday turned out to be a productive day.



I ground the middle left swing arm mount and tacked it in.




I then bent the Lower tube for the left side fitted it and tacked it also.



I used the magnetic levels to check that the frame was level and that the bars were also level.

The side tubes also matched the angles from left to right, so I figure all is pretty square.
Just Like me.





I started removing the original support tubes from where the top shelter used to be.
One thing I have noticed is that Honda doesn't use gussets at the corners but doubles up on the tubes inside at the ends. This makes removing the tubes difficult, because both tubes are welded to the frame.



When I grind I have to be careful not to cut into the frame tube but remove all of the extra welds.






This is the rough grinding on the frame right side shelter tubes.

No comments:

Post a Comment