Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Chopping a Honda GL1000 Goldwing #29

I have been thinking about putting saddlebags on this bike, if I do these are the ones I think I will use.

The bags that I may use came from one of four Goldwings I bought from out of a old building that was used for storage and the owner decided to sell the building. All of the bikes were there about 10 years.
It was also one of the four bikes that I actually got running with out any major problems.

Please look past the bird doo, I haven't done any cleaning yet,
they will be repainted.

The bags are Shoei, I picked these because they were the smallest I had.
They also have some lines to them.

Left bag with bracket

There are some brackets with them but they are pretty rusted and I think I want the lines as smooth as I can get them,
so I don't think I will use the brackets. Then again now that I see them in the photos I like them more and they can be adapted and painted - - more thinking.

This next picture is of the bag without the frame and also the side toward the bike when installed.


I don't think it will be much of a hassle to make a set of brackets that will bolt to tabs on the frame.

All this is still in the think process.

No comments:

Post a Comment