Monday, December 5, 2011

Chopping a Honda GL1000 Goldwing #2

I notched the frame at the bottom in order to push the new tubing inside and have more area to weld the two lower pieces together.

After sitting and looking at it for a while I decided how I was going to go about changing the rear.

I bent new bars for the right side and made two 2" X 5" plates to bolt to where the old shocks used to be.

After numerous fittings I finally tack welded the right rear together.

After everything is tacked I will remove the engine and strip the frame bare, then weld and plate up the areas that I can't get to now.

I might add that the old gas tank will not be used, a tank will be added top side and the electrics that were under the top covers will go down to the lower area.

No comments:

Post a Comment