Sunday, March 11, 2012

Rigid Honda GL1000 Goldwing Bobber #45

Sorry People, I got side tracked a few days with helping my sister build some shelves.

Note: If you are looking for shelves for the shop or garage don't buy "Edsal" Brand shelves Sold through Home Depot, Northern tool or anyone else.

Even though they are made in USA they are junk. The holes don't line up and the bends are so crooked that some of the bolt holes don't give you room enough to put a nut on the bolt.

She bought 2 sets of shelves and I took the best of the shelves and made one unit out of the two. Even then we needed two people to hold and clamp them with locking pliers to get the bolts through the holes. Remember that brand "Edsal" pronounced the same as the car.

Then she couldn't find a good bottle cutter to make wind chimes with, so I made her one from scratch, and that took me 4 days.

I got back to the bike yesterday and cut out the panel for the right side of the rear frame section.


Now I have to drill and tap the holes for the mounting of it.

I like the panel on the left side, I think I will paint it satin black like the frame.


I have a few more mounting brackets to put on the frame for the electronics.

I feel pretty good even after the work yesterday so I am going out to the garage again today.

No comments:

Post a Comment