Thursday, February 23, 2012

Hard tail Honda GL1000 Goldwing Bobber #44

I finally got out to the garage today.

I finished drilling and tapping the frame to bolt the
left rear panel on.


I like the looks of it, I think I will keep it.
I plan on bolting it on with round head Allen bolts.

I built a frame to hold an auxiliary gas tank for starting the other Goldwings.


About a month ago I was searching E-Bay and found 3 old pin wrenches for $10.00.
The seller didn't know what they were for, but the price was cheap, and pin wrenches are hard to find.

I bought them and they sat in the garage because I wasn't feeling that well so I wasn't working.

Today I checked them out and low and behold the first one fit the big bearing nut on the Goldwing steering fork.


The second was close to the top nut on the forks.
A little grinding on the edges and I now have wrenches to use on the steering forks.
What a great buy.

The last thing I did was clean up the shop, I need to make some room for the New Trike when I get it.

I hope to get back to the garage tomorrow, I am keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment