Thursday, March 29, 2012

Chopping a Honda GL1000 Goldwing #52

Today I tackled the problems with the last of getting the garage in order.
I had to weld a scrap piece of flat stock to the end of the oil filter bolt.
It was so rounded I just couldn't get it loose.

Once I had the bolt welded I let the heat from the bolt end seep into
the bolt at the filter area then just turned it out as if I had a wrench on it.


I may even be able to use the bolt again by cutting the flat stock off near
the old bolt head, and grinding it so I can get a wrench on it if necessary.

I moved the lift closer to the end of the storage garage, and put some
parts and a couple of engines on it.


I drained one of the engines that someone had taken bolts out of without draining, it was leaking oil since I put it on a cart.


Moving the frame to a shed and the engines and parts over and under the lift got them out of the way on the side where I have been working.


I could then move an engine under the lift along with a small motorcycle lift.


I am so sore I most likely won't be back for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment