Thursday, February 9, 2012

Chopping a Honda GL1000 Goldwing #43

I picked up my radiator from Empire Radiator, the only shop in the city of Rochester that has a boil out tank.
They boiled it, and pressure tested it, so I don't have to worry about that when the bike goes together.

Great people to do business with in Rochester NY, Mike belongs to the local Goldwing club.
They are also making a one piece flexible rear caliper hose.

Back to the garage I cut up a battery box and took the mount for the rectifier and condensers and welded it to the piece under the seat.


I then traced out a piece of cardboard on the bike for a panel to go on the rear.
I cut it out of 12 gauge steel and drilled it to mount to the gussets.
I am looking for your input as to what you think of it.


I plan on fastening it with round head 6mm x 1.0 Allen screws.

Let me know if you don't like it because the holes can always be welded back up.

I am now thinking about running a similar piece of sheet metal under the gas tank to fill the void between the tank and the frame tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment