Sunday, July 1, 2012

Progress on the 1982 GL1100 & 1975 GL1000

As promised here are some pictures of what I am doing right now.



Today I cut the keys for the bags, but the top trunk uses a different cut then the side bags use, so I had to take apart the top and side lock to read the wafers.





Both side bags use the same key for the locks on the bags and the mounting locks.



I removed the left side tubing and lights around both bags.
Tomorrow I will remove the rest of the mounting brackets.

The faring right top storage compartment doesn't use any of the keys I have cut so far, so I will have to pick it also and then cut another key to fit it unless I can move the wafers around to make one of the keys I have fit it.

Here is a couple of pictures of the 1975 GL1000 I am putting together with surplus parts.







That's about it for now, I will try to get back with more tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment