Friday, May 25, 2012

New life for a crashed 1984 GL1200 "on the road"

Marvin stopped by to show me his "New" 1984 GL1200 once he got it on the road.



He changed the exhaust and added a windshield & luggage rack (that I supplied) to the low rider.



I am so proud every time I see the bike, to think of the shape it was in when I first saw it.



I hope Marv will get a lot of miles from the bike from here on.



Because he is taller he wants to change back from the struts to original type shocks for a smoother ride.



I am now on the look out for a good set of spring shocks that will fit the bike. All of the ones I have won't work, he needs a shock with the round eyelets on the top and bottom.

I put over 700 miles on the trike over Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, last week riding with the GWRRA chapter W. around the New York State Finger lakes.

Time out to visit my step-son in New Hampshire this holiday weekend, no riding or working.

No comments:

Post a Comment